Sketchup 2021- won't export current selection

I am trying to export specific elements in my sketchup model to put into my twinmotion file and when I select the light fixtures, go to export, “current selection”, then press go, it does nothing. No window comes up to show it is exporting. It must be a glitch.

I am able to completely export the entire file, but not current selections.

Thanks

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

Are you using the twinmotion export plugin ?in that case epic games would be the guilty one.
You have different workarounds
First is to copy the selection and paste it in place in a new file, then export.
Another one would be (in SketchUp 2020 or older, because twinmotion can’t import 2021 skp files yet) to make a component out of the selection and right click and save as. You’ll get an .skp file that you’ll be able to import in twinmotion (twinmotion SketchUp import works quite well)

This error is not limited to TwinMotion - it would appear that exporting both OBJ and FBX with ‘Options > Export Selection Only’ will not export a file.

As with user ar01, full model export is working as expected.

I’m having this problem too - my only workaround is to open a new empty file and copy and paste in place and then export with the ‘export only current selection’ unticked. Make sure you’ve deleted Sumele (no offence Sumele!) It’s a royal pain in the bum and a weird bug that certainly wasn’t there before v2021 but it’ll have to do for now until they fix it.

There are several reports about STL exports with the same problem already too.

Yup, same isssue… very annoying, is there a fix yet?