SketchUp 2016 and Windows 10

Is there any news on when SketchUp 2016 will be released and whether it will be Windows 10 compatible? SketchUp is the only thing that’s stopping me upgrading and I’d like to do so as soon as possible.
Thanks All!

You can look at the dates on the Release Notes page

… and make your own guess.

But do not expect an admin here or company employee to usurp the right of sales / marketing to make such announcements.

Now they sometimes will give vague ideas of targeted issues. (But they cannot give specifics because Trimble is a publicly traded company. It would be “insider information”.)
So, see: Early Adopters (of New OS Versions) Be Cautious

2 Likes

I have win10 and I use it with SU2015 pro version. Works perfect. Where is the problem :smile:

1 Like

Same here!!! I was even able to modify toolbars and create customized ones. Ty mentioned that Sketchup was not supported on Windows 10 as such. I find I have no problems with it. So far I’ve made a “Bailey” chair for my son’s dog (who suffers from an esophageal disorder), and then used the model to make him the chair (now in its last phase); and am now “sketching” a small porch for the front of my house… Whooohoooo!!! Not possible without SU2015Pro and Windows 10!!! :wink:

1 Like

Same here using SU 2015 Pro and Windows 10 x64 without any issues.

1 Like

would be very surprising if an upcoming release would not support the recent operating systems of the supported platforms, i.e. Windows 10 and Mac OS X v10.11 ‘El Capitan’.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. I’ll go for it and post back if there are any problems.

CAN NOT INSTALL SKETCHUP THE OPERATING SYSTEM WINDOWS 10. SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT SHOULD I DO? BOARD PROBLEM IS NOT, AND MY NVIDIA DEDICATED 2 G. MY DEVICE AND A SAMSUNG expet X51. I NEED A SOLUTION.

What is the exact issue? Are you installing as admin?