Signed encrypted RBZ, EM says 'Signed' <= v2019, but 'Invalid Signature' in v2020 !?

I have recently updated my CutNfill toolset to v4.0.
I signed it through the portal in the normal way…
The files are encrypted as RBE and it’s suitably signed.
An EVAL version update available from the SketchUcation PluginStore…

If I install this RBZ in an earlier version - like v2019 - everything is fine and the Extension Manager reports it as ‘Signed’.
But when it’s installed in v2020 it reports as an ‘Invalid Signature’.
With a Unrestricted Loading Policy it works OK, but some users somewhere will complain about its incorrect status - when I know for sure it’s OK…

So the basic question is - what’s changed from v2019 to v2020 that causes a properly signed extension to be reported and ‘invalid’ ??

I re-examined my code and found a typo in the ‘…_load’ file called by the extension’s set up.
It was in an ‘if’ test which had a trailing ‘&&’ run as the code loaded.
However, this does NOT affect the tool working in v2019 or v2020.
But even with that corrected typo, it still reports in the Extension manager as having an ‘Invalid Signature’ in v2020 but is reported as ‘Signed’ in v2019.
I’m looking at everything again…
Any ideas welcomed…

PS: I also noticed that the extension’s name included a : but with that erased the error persists in v2020 ??

Bump !

It says ‘Signed’ in SU 2020.2.172

Thanks for the testing.
Most odd !
Even when unencrypted in my tests EM says “Invalid Signature”…
but only in v2020 [exactly as your version] but it’s ‘Signed’ in <= v2019…

Next step… I’ll Repair the installation and see if that helps

I Repaired v2020 [Run as administrator]… no change - EM still says ‘Invalid Signature’…
Most odd…

More investigations underway…

I’m now uninstalling v2020 and doing a clean install…
Aaargh! the pain…
I’ll report back…
EDIT:
Afterwards it’s still saying ‘Invalid signature’ !!!
I despair…

@Jacques thanks again…

Panic over !

Realizing there must be something different between my v2020 installation and others / yours I did a step by step roll-back…
Within my ‘TIG-CutNfill’ subfolder I have a ‘Disabled’ subfolder, into which I move some RB/RBE files during testing, so that then the correct ones gets loaded by the extension-creator code…
The Disabled folder is different in SketchUp versions…

That’s fine, and a properly signed RBZ [without the Disabled subfolder] reports as ‘signed’.

But I had somehow copied an older v2020 TIG-CutNfill.susig file into that Disabled subfolder.
So when the extension-checker runs as the RBZ is installed it was reading the second unused .susig file in the subfolder [why this happens is beyond me, because that signing-file should always be in the base of the subfolder - and never anywhere else !]

Anyway, in case anyone else gets similar weirdness, please ensure that an older .susig file is NOT put in a subfolder for your extension on your PC - otherwise you’ll get a weird false report about its signature !!!

1 Like

Do you have any hair left???

Not a lot [as my avatar might show !!]