Sefaira Daylighting questions (Revit & Sketchup)

To be able to assess the abilities of Sefaira for Revit and Sketchup in regards to my students daylight assignments I would like to find out the following:

1. Where do I adjust the Visual Light Transmittance of glass material (Revit & Sketchup)
  2. How can I control the reflectance value of materials for Revit materials in conjunction with Sefaira daylight simulation.
  3. How can I control the reflectance value of materials for Sketchup materials in conjunction with Sefaira daylight simulation.
  4. How does Sefaira calculate multiple planes of glass in Revit families, is there a rule for a maximum.
  5. How do I simulate light shelves, light tubes and reflecting blinds?
  6. How can I change the resolution of the analysis grid and make it denser
  7. How can I export a higher resolution analysis heatmap image?
  8. How can I add contour lines to the analysis grid image?
  9. How can I create a vertical analysis grid to assess the function of a e.g. light dome or courtyard?
    I appreciate all information on how to properly set up daylight problem solving from the Revit as well as the Sketchup plugin including all relevant parameter. Unfortunately I could not find this kind of information in your available documentation yet.

These are great questions!

[quote=“VosJen, post:1, topic:40992”]
Where do I adjust the Visual Light Transmittance of glass material (Revit & Sketchup
[/quote] - You can adjust the VLT of the glass by clicking on ‘Properties’ in the plugin (both Sketchup and Revit) and moving the slider under the Visible Light Transmittance parameter.

How can I control the reflectance value of materials for Revit materials in conjunction with Sefaira daylight simulation.
[/quote] - You can’t change the reflectance of any materials in the plugin. Here’s what are assumptions for reflectance and other values are - https://sefaira.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205392365-Material-Assumptions-and-Radiance-Settings

How does Sefaira calculate multiple planes of glass in Revit families, is there a rule for a maximum
[/quote] - No matter what the window is comprised of (frames, panes etc.), we simplify it to a bounding box of the outermost extents as a single plane. This is what we count for both energy analysis and daylight analysis. The current upper limit for glazing plane count is 5000 in Sketchup and 1500 in Revit, although these numbers are always increasing. for more information see - https://sefaira.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210470583-What-is-the-maximum-model-size-

How do I simulate light shelves, light tubes and reflecting blinds?
[/quote] -You model light shelves as floor or roof elements and tag them as shading. Light tubes are tricky as they will be modeled as skylights without any refraction. Blinds (for daylight purposes only because you can simulate them parametrically in the online portion for energy) should also be modelled as shading elements.

How can I change the resolution of the analysis grid and make it denser

[/quote] - You cannot change the density of the analysis grid.

How can I export a higher resolution analysis heatmap image?
[/quote] - You cannot.

How can I add contour lines to the analysis grid image?
[/quote] - You can get contour lines on your visualization by clicking on the visualization type in the daylighting window and selecting ‘Contour’

How can I create a vertical analysis grid to assess the function of a e.g. light dome or courtyard?
[/quote] - We don’t do vertical analysis grids yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.