Section Fill 2021

I cannot get the section cut i made to fill completely. For some reason the roof will fill in but the walls and truss will not. see image below.

That would imply that you are missing some geometry. Are there faces on the tops and bottoms of the walls? Are there faces on the ends of the beams?

Share the .skp file so we can see exactly what you’ve got missing and help you get it sorted.

I believe everything is full…
Siprelle__Library-Kitchen Truss.skp (411.3 KB)

Incorrect tag usage.
Screenshot - 2_4_2021 , 1_16_49 PM
Screenshot - 2_4_2021 , 1_18_27 PM

Make Untagged active and leave it active.

With Untagged visible you’ll see the fill.
Screenshot - 2_4_2021 , 1_19_56 PM

wouldn’t hurt to purge unused stuff once in awhile.
Screenshot - 2_4_2021 , 1_20_12 PM

Siprelle__Library-Kitchen Truss.skp (104.5 KB)

Great. I am a new user as of this week. Did I not correctly tag all of the truss and walls components? Or should I just always have the “untagged” visible.
Thanks for the help!

You should leave Untagged as active at all times. All edges and faces are created untagged and remain untagged. Only components and groups (objects) get tagged. You can control the visibility of the objects by ticking or unticking the tag’s visibility. Untagged will always be visible. This work flow might seem odd if you are used to working with layers in other applications but it’s actually very handy. There’s no chasing the active tag like you have to do with layers in AutoCAD or Photoshop. When you need to make changes to a group or component you open it for editing and make the changes. You don’t even need to know what tag is assigned to that object. Once you’ve created the tags for your model, really the only reason you need to even look at the Tags panel is to control tag visibility. You might actually be able to leave it closed through most of your modeling.

1 Like