Scene tabs bug

Hi there! I use sketchup daily for residential design. Through many versions of SketchUp, I have encountered the same bug:

1 - I create many scenes for a given model, more scenes than can be displayed as tabs across the width of the top of the window

2 - I rename the scenes (eg automatically generated “Scene XX” to “XX”) so they can all display across the top of the window without need for the carrot drop-down on the right

3 - As scenes are renamed, the scenes previously available under the carrot do not yet appear as tabs, although there is room to do so

4 - I resize the window in hopes that the scenes will be displayed, and SketchUp crashes

note: If I rename the scenes, save the file, and then reopen it, all is well…it’s just an unnecessary part of my workflow that I would like to have solved if possible. I’m hoping SketchUp can fix this problem rather than receiving workaround advice, although I’m also open to feedback :slight_smile:

Did you send in a bugsplat? Is there a reason you’re using SketchUp 2020? I tried the test in 2020 and 2021, and didn’t get a problem.

No bugsplat was offered, surprisingly, after having to force quit. I just recently upgraded to 2020 from 2017, not yet 2021. I’ll upgrade to 2021 and test it on my side and report back.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.