Round Corner for Pro 2020

Hi Chaps,
I’ve been using SketchUp Make 2017 for a while and have just upgraded to Pro 2020 version. My problem is that I can’t seem to find a Round Corner extension that’s compatible with Pro 2020.

I used Fredo Round Corner with my old version, but it’s not compatible with the later versions.

Anyone know of an extension or another way of rounding corners please?

Cheers

Pete

Fredo Corner is Fredo’s new version of RoundCorner. That’s the one you should grab for 2020.

I’m curious what gave you the idea that RoundCorner isn’t compatible with SketchUp 2020. It most certainly is. As Aaron indicates there’s also the newer FredoCorner. You should get both of them because there are some cases where one can fail and the other succeed. This is the author’s advice, by the way. While you are at it, make sure you also install the latest version of LibFredo6. It was updated on May 17.

2 Likes

Been searching, but couldn’t find the latest version. I must admit I was in a bit of a hurry earlier. I’ll have another go.

Really appreciate your help, guys.

Glad to help. You might consider installing the SketchUcation Extension Store tool and use it to install extensions you get from Sketchucation. It will download and install them in just a click and help you keep track of when they are updated.

1 Like

Thanks, Dave.

I’ve installed Round Corner now.
Can’t understand why I couldn’t find it before. I guess I’m getting to that age :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It happens to the best of us.

Unfortunately, it isn’t compatible.

Simply saying something isn’t compatible doesn’t make it so.
Here it is working happily in 2021.
So how about actually telling us something about your issue so we might be able to help you.
The most likely guess would be that you haven’t installed the Library file.
Round

Actually, Round Corner is compatible with 2020, as Box shows. It works fine in 2021, too.

Your profile says you are using SketchUp 2016. If that’s correct, you need to be using the Pre-2017 version of Round Corner and the Pre-2017 version of LibFredo6.

Been a SketchUp user since 2000 I believe I know how to install things well. But, thank you for this lovely gif, quite helpful.

I’ve got now “Trial Period Expired: FredoCorner” message and also for RoundCorner. Why is that if it was free?
Is there any free round corner plugin now?

After more than a decade of giving all his work away for nothing Fredo has recently made some of his plugins commercial, Round Corner is one of them.

This might explain

Is there any free round corner plugin now? I use this kind of plugins once every six months or even less often, so I am not interested in purchasing.

Use Follow Me. It’s included with SketchUp for free