Rock wall structure for sketchup model

See so for example I really like this form but I want to alter it so that the big rock branches out like such but is continuous rather than a separate element. Also I like this shape but the arc is not far enough to reach the hexagon bar on the right of this pic how would i stretch the arc without losing this shape. Also if any other suggestions come to mind please feel free to comment!

So here is a closer pic of what i mean I want that to move in the center of that suspended hexagon without losing this form how would this be possible?

One of the design challenges here is the form of the arches travelling through the steel trusses.

You could consider the arches being segmented like vertebrae and just giving the impression they connect the tops of the climbing towers with the restaurant area. You could then leave gaps in the vertebrae to avoid conflict with the steel trusses.

Another variation would be to have the climbing towers appear to curve up through the roof and then come back down into the dining area from the roof (without crossing through the roof trusses) - in this scenario, you could also have climbing tower literally appear above the roof for advertising purposes.

To maintain the appearance of climbing towers, I recommend care in the exact shape of the towers as they transform so they always “read” as climbing towers.

1 Like

wow okay these are great ideas to consider! I like the one where its comes to the ceiling and then from the ceiling it suspends into this central bar/resto area! In a sense it gives the same impression but is somewhat simplified! The vertabrae is also interesting where its segmented although the form may be difficult to design. Honestly thanks for sharing some considerations its very helpful as I am working on a big project and I like to explore the ideas I come up with! :slight_smile:

Another exciting theme you could consider is something similar to Avatar’s floating mountains - there could be an interesting variety of tie in options with the restaurant and climbing towers.

Possible rope ladder climbing feature or mini zip lines?

oh yeh all that is in there besides the zip line! we have climbing ropes mini huts to cross bunch of small enclosed game rooms to escape from a lazer tag room and all fun stuff! Yeh i remember the floating avatar mountains those are really cool and interesting! Hmmm things to ponder about! thanks though!