Rhino to SketchUp Need lighter file

Hello everyone, this is a Rhino file I got that I need to open.
Anyway to covert it to a sketchup readable light file?
Here is the link to the file- https://we.tl/t-64IdZn8BvC

Maybe you should try simplifying it in Rhino. I tried importing your file with FuildImporter but just got Bug Splats. I tried some online converters but the file is too large unless I pay for the service. I’m willing to do that if you’re willing to pay me but otherwise that’s a non-starter.

1 Like

It is quite enormous, with about 2.5million polygons. Most of them are probably in the 3D tree leaves. It is all just raw geometry, Reduced it to 1/4 of the original polygon count in Rhino still produced a more than 50 MB SketchUp file, too big to load here. Cleanup says it will take more than 460 hours. I suggest you remove the 3D trees yourself.

1 Like

This is the smallest I could make it:
I deleted the 3D trees in Rhino and exported to SketchUp
In SketchUp I ran ThomThom’s Cleanup³ a couple of times (not Erase duplicate Faces as it would have taken about a week). It was still about 20 MB, toolarge for the forum so I put it in Google Drive. I keep it available for a little while.

1 Like

Thanks! I actually opened it in rhino and made it lighter. this was helpful though knowing the process! You are a life saver!