This would be very important nice to have as, right now, it’s a very disturbing workflow that consumes a lot of time:
- Setup a SU Scene;
- Insert a Viewport and Choose that Scene:
- Set the Scale for the model (like 1:50);
- Use viewport scale handles to fit the viewport to what you want to focus on… (BTW scaling a viewport and setting a viewport scale are different things that always get hard to describe on FR like these or mini tutorials.)
- Work and all is fine.
However, to change the scale and size of the viewport accordingly, later, it’s a VERY tough job.
- If I want to change the above viewport to 1:20 I have to change viewport scale, and the subject is no longer centered, even disappearing sometimes.
- Then it’s a trial and error aproach of using scale handles to make the viewport fit.
- I’ve tried to simply find a relation from the viewport subject and the viewport shape, so I could use a simple proportional method to do it, it’s impossible as somehow the original point of the center of the scene is the one being used for scaling up the model… a mess.
- So, It’s nearly impossible to scale up a viewport and model scale accordingly so they have exactly the same proportion.
- If the original viewport is already dimensioned and tagged, it is an almost surreal task to make it simply scale up to a double sized sheet…
This should be reviewed, imho.