Rendering plugin for SketchUp Pro 2016

Hello,

So yesterday I decided to upgrade from sketchup 2014 to 2016. On the previous program I used the visualizer extension for rendering since it was free, quick and easy. Since visualizer is not supported by sketchup 2016 I am not to sure what direction to go in terms of extensions.

I do not mind paying for a good rendering extension but I would like for it to be simple and easy to use that produces good quality images.

Your input is much appreciated!

would check the free Twilight Render hobby version first.

I personally like using Podium (~$200) and Photoshop ($10/month) for post work.

yes I would second what sketch3d_de said check out Twilight Hobby as long as you dont upgrade to Sketchup 2017 anytime soon and as long as you dont have a High DPI screen or Monitor Twilight Render is great and its fast and its very easy to get your head around even for a noob like me.
The best part is it renders inside Sketchup so you dont have to export to an external render program! I used it very successfully (albeit briefly in SU Pro 2016 64 bit) and if you like it its only a one time payment of $99 which isnt bad when you compare it to ludicrous priced applications like Lumion which I like to call Ludicrous Lumion $$$$$!!! Also kerkythea isnt bad at all although you would have to install both the plugin and the external
renderer and then export your models to kerkythea to Render them but not bad because it is also free!

according to their download page the Twilight Render x64 version is compatible with SU v2015/2016/2017 x64.

AWhy do not try simlab composer light? it is free and easy to use. But restricted to full HD size 1920 * 1080.
For larger rendering sizes you need the pro edition.

Yes it probably is compatible and it certainly does the job if you are prepared to sit with your screen under a magnifier.
I think this is only a problem for those of us with either touchscreens or high dpi monitors or a combo of both like in my case so if you dont have either of these- plug away and install Twilight as I said it renders in Sketchup which is a massive bonus if you can actually see the window, sadly I cannot, well not very well anyway…that was yesterday…tonight i just fired up sketchup pro 2017 and lo and behold if you open any of the twilight tools from the extensions tab rather than one of the buttons it is actually usuable, sort of? with the exception of the material editor which still doesnt want to fully open?!

see Attached Screenshot for proof of the pudding! The rest ironically seems tolerable now, what a relief! maybe someone saw my earlier rant and secretly upgraded sketchup in the background or twilight whatever. its a bit better.sigh of relief…:slight_smile:

FYI, Visualizer is 2016 compatible. Requires a very little tweak to get it to work but has been working flawlessly for a year for me and others with 2016.

Oops I see you are a windows user, not sure this trick will work for you.

HI @endlessfix you may note that I am using 2017 pro not 2016 but thanks for the suggestion anyway. others have chided me for asking.

oh boy, I didn’t even notice the revived zombie thread, that your original post was from way way back, sorry to have participated in it’s re-awakening. Have you found a new render option that works for you by now?