Render with vray memory error

Hi team,

I am using Sketchup Pro 2020 with vray 4.20. My computer is a Lenovo P53, intel i7, 32GB RAM and a nvidia Quadro T2000 with 4GB RAM.

When I render 4K resolution images I got this kind of errors:

Using 11 threads for CPU, 6 threads per GPU device

Using 11 threads for CPU, 6 threads per GPU device

Num samples per thread reduced to 32768, rendering might be slower

Failed to allocate 34209792 bytes, device 1, buffer default bufname

D:\cgrepo\vraysdk\samples\vray_plugins\rt_private\rt_opencl_pri(3623) : CUDA error 2 : unable to allocate enough memory to perform the requested operation (out-of-mem)

This error appears when I render using CUDA. The result has lot of noise. When I use CPU I got no errors and the image is really clear. Is it possible to use system RAM memory when using CUDA render engine? Another weird think is that I have no D drive, I only have C drive in my laptop.

If I downgrade image resolution, I got no errors using CUDA and the image is clear.

Is there any setting that must be changed?

Thanks

Have you tried asking this question on the Chaos Group forum?

This is just because You Have run out of VRAM. GPU / Hybrid (CUDA) rendering (Tries) to load nearly everything into video memory to conduct render operations. Depending on the scene this mounts up pretty quick, if you are using vray fur or displacement maps this creates huge amounts of render time geometry. You can optimise your scene to help with this but 4Gb vram is tight. I have 11Gb and I occasionally run into this ceiling.

1 Like