Remove material from group

Hi somehow I have managed to apply a material at group level for every group in the model. Is there a quick way to reset it back to the default material?

Does anybody know how I managed this???

Thanks

remove_group_mat

2 Likes

Thanks

That is what I have been doing but it has applied it to every group at every level.

There’s an old plugin to remove all group/component materials.

Thanks I remembered that there was one but could not for the life of me remember where to find it. I will give it go.

Sadly didn’t work with 2026 version.

It’s old but I just tried it in v2026 and it still works, albeit a bit like a sledge hammer !

Thanks TIG. It is a large model but it was running for about 10 minutes. Maybe I didn’t give it long enough.

You could right click on the material thumbnail in the In Model materials and choose Delete. No extension needed for that.

It’s a bit clunky and undiscerning. What do you want to do exactly ?
If you have a selection a few lines of Ruby code could process that and extract any Group and Component-Instance objects and set their .material=nil
It’s also possible to iteratively ‘mine’ down into a selected group/component’s definition.entities, and again extract the relevant objects to remove materials from…
So what is your aim ?

Like Dave said - just click on materials and select ‘in model’ and delete every colour. Then everything will be the default colour.

If you want to remove all of the materials in the model you can do that from the Details menu.