Recovered file not working

Hi,
I recently lost some files from my pc including sketchup file. I recovered it using a recovery software. but unfortunately it’s not working. I attached the file also here. If it is possible, please someone help me.
thanks in advance.
kitchen.skp (16.0 MB)

Doesn’t look like there’s anything to recover from that file. It’s about two-thirds zeroes. Do you have the .skb and can you share it?

Are you using SU2021 as indicated in your forum profile?

I unable to upload the .skb here.
Yes I am using SU2021.

Why? Upload it to DropBox or We Transfer and share the link.

You should update to SU2023.

yes. I will try to update it as soon as possible.

The .skb file is similar. Nearly two-thirds zeroes. Unfortunately this isn’t uncommon with files that have been “recovered” with recovery software.

I would suggest upgrading soon. You can then use your Trimble Connect storage to save backups of your project files in case the drive in your computer has problems.

oh. ok. I already downloaded the SU2023. But unfortunately I did not install it.
Thank you for your effort.

Maybe it’s time now. I presume your subscription is current.

Make sure to read the release notes for both SketchUp 2022 and 2023 to catch up on the changes and new features.

1 Like

For your information: Recovery software doesn’t work well with Filetypes as SketchUp…
You can read more about this here: Does not appear to be Sketchup model - #14 by TDahl