Recover a file never saved

Hello,

I started a new project on a new file and after working for several hours we had a power outage for several seconds and my pc closed. I usually save each file in the first few seconds I create it but this time I haven’t…

Is there any chance to recover the file that wasn’t saved in the first place?

Many thanks in advance!

If you have auto save turned on, when you reopen SketchUp you should see an Untitled (Recovered) thumbnail in the recent files area of the welcome screen. As the list is alphabetical, you may need to scroll down until you get to the letter U. Open the file that looks like what you had been making.

I don’t have it there. It’s the first place i looked.
It’s not in the User\Documents nor in AppData\Roaming\SketchUp nor in AppData\Local\SketchUp\SketchUp 2021\SketchUp\working\SKETCHUP\RecoveredFiles

Then there is nothing to recover, I’m afraid. When you start a new file make saving with the project name your first step.

I think that it should have been there. Can you check if you have auto save enabled?

Yes, it’s enabled every 5 minutes

You can do a test, where you start a new document and make a memorable change to the scene, go into preferences, set auto save to 1 minute, and then take a 1 minute break. After that, use Task Manager to End Task SketchUp.

Reopen SketchUp, and if you don’t immediately see the welcome screen, choose Welcome to SketchUp from the Help menu. Scroll down the Recent files list, looking for a document that is named Untitled, and that has a save date that is from the last couple of minutes. Open that file.

It may be that you have the show welcome screen option turned off in preferences, and seeing a new document makes it seem like the previous Untitled document is lost.