Quarantine chronicles from a SketchUp user

Hi there folks! In order to avoid the COVID-19 virus and following the recommendations made by the governement of my country, I’ve isolated myself at home. So I’ve decieded to model with SketchUp every evening during the next two or three weeks. I’ts just to practise and see time passing by.
The thing is I’m going to use this topic to upload the results of these modeling sessions. If you like it, you can see me modeling in Twitch (6PM CET, Spanish language).

4 Likes

First model (March 16th): Gothic arcs and columns.

You can download it from 3D Warehouse:

12 Likes

Second model (March 17th): Vessels. Made with SketchUp, textured with Substance Painter and rendered with V-Ray Next for SketchUp.

You can download the model from 3D Warehouse:

You can also download the model AND the texture maps for V-Ray Next from Gumroad (free download):

8 Likes

Lovely work. Make sure @TheOnlyAaron knows about it so he can update his Tower Bridge model!

I think he mentioned something similar as the topic of one of the upcoming live modeling streams…

Awesome! Great model!
@cotty I was thinking of a decorative column at some point… Feeling inspired thanks to @alsomar!

4 Likes

Third model (March 18th): A tiny cabin made for the #tinycabinchallenge hosted by Sketchfab.

This time I’m going to wait until the model is totally finished to share it in 3D Warehouse.

8 Likes

Fourth model (March 19th): Some details for my tiny cabin model.

9 Likes

Fifth model (March 20th): a modular couch. In this case I made an intense use of VertexTools, SUbD and Quadface Tools extensions made by @thomthom.

Here’s the 3D Warehouse link:

Greetings and stay safe!

3 Likes

Sixth model (March 21th): A cool tricycle or a trike? (part 1).

This time I’m going to wait until the model is totally finished to share it in 3D Warehouse.

9 Likes

Seventh model (March 23th): A cool tricycle or a trike? (part 2). I’ve added some details.

10 Likes

Hey alsomar, great work you’re coming up with. I like the cabin very much as it’s stand-alone showpiece. And the bike is looking great too, any more progress since this post?

Definitely shows some clear thinking in your approach I think. Have you been self-tutoring?

I’m really impressed by the wheels, hwo did you approach doing the tire-tread? also the foot pedals? care to share?

Hi @SkillipEvolver! Thank you so much for your kind words. You can see the recordings of the modeling sessions here:

Despite those videos are in Spanish, but maybe they can help you a little.

Out of curiosity, how does that trike steer? “Skid steer” using single wheel brakes on the back?

I found this pic in the website of the manufacturer (mobocruiser.com)

8th model, a M-5 stapler (March 24th)

4 Likes

Steve, it would be a bit like riding on a rear-steer lawnmower. :slight_smile:

9th model, some cutlery (March 25th).

C10_cuberteria_169

3 Likes

10th model, a wrench (March 26th).

4 Likes

11th model, a spanish door (March 27th).

3 Likes