Purchasing SketchUp Pro

I’ll bear it in mind. I’ve already braced myself for not being able to have hardware acceleration enabled.

SU w/o hardware acceleration burdens the workload for calculating the 3D display output additionally the CPU and is therefore for support evaluation purposes or as a workaround for systems without a dedicated video card (preferrably in connection with small models) only.

I’m on a decade old duo core laptop with no dedicated graphics card, so how much worse off could I possibly be with a modern i7 processor-based unit?

why then shelling out money for a dedicated video card?

I’m building a desktop system. It needs a video card so I can see things on the monitor.

support for integrated video subsystem of the intel Core i CPUs (intel HD/Iris) is typically integrated on the mainboard , therefore no dedicated video card required for e.g. office desktops or notebooks.

I no longer understand what’s going on here.

I’m on an ancient laptop computer. I’m building a new desktop system to rectify this situation. Amongst the components I need for this are a video card.

The motherboard doesn’t have on-board video. Just on-board ethernet and audio.

intel Core i CPUs do have the GPU integrated which is supported by every common mainboard.

That sounds totally amazing.