Problems closing faces

BTW, it seems on a Mac with SU 2017 it is Command + A (not Ctrl)

52%20AM

Yes. Which is why I wrote:

As both John and I mentioned, the Layer field is blank when your selection set has stuff scattered on more than one layer.

1 Like

Oops sorry, it was another post that Ctrl-A was mentioned. Okay back at it armed with new information. This could drive a man to drink,:roll_eyes:

If you’re going to drink, make sure it’s the good stuff. Life’s too short to drink the bad stuff. :wink:

Only the good stuff for me. German beer, and not mass-produced stuff like Becks. I can’t do hoppy IPA’s either.
Check out Zumschneider.com beer menu.

1 Like

Sorry have to revisit this again. Notice on the floor plates the arc lines, etc. I can’t get rid of them. How to delete these lines. I can’t even get the entity info on them as they disappear when I select that. floors 2.skp (3.3 MB)

It seems like you still aren’t following the directions we’ve given you. In this model you still have geometry scattered on different layers. I don’t see anything disappearing when I open the groups and select the geometry, though.

You still have reversed faces which are masked by the materials you’ve applied. I told you to wait until the model is nearly complete before applying materials exactly for this reason.

There are some edges in the model that are outside the groups.I’ve moved the groups down.

Dave, it’s the same model, I just started to try to clean it up. My question is how do I do that when I can’t even identify the entity info. This is the same skp file uploaded yesterday, I just deleted some of the layers.

I’m not sure what you are getting at. Select all of the geometry in the group by triple clicking with the Select tool. Then in Entity Info, select Layer 0 for the layer.

1 Like

@Lansdowne, it was there in my first post. Double click > tripple click > assign to Layer0

GH and Dave, I am doing just that. I triple click and then select Layer0. But when I attempt to erase the lines that should not be there, they revert back to non-active. I understand I must be doing something wrong but I am following your instructions.

Exactly which lines are you referring to?

more likely a copy of the same line outside the current context…

you would need to erase it as well…

john

There are two arcs that I believe were vestiges of the cylindrical space. They appear when I triple click. Also some of the bottom edges of the walls. The walls are assigned to a separate layer, yet reappear. I have tried to explode the group, erase entites that don’t belong, then assign everything to Layer0.

It seems to me that at this point, you’ve gutted your original model so much and you’ve got so much messed up, the easiest and fastest thing to do is scrap it and start over making sure you keep the model clean, use groups, components, and layers correctly, and forget about textures until after the model is built.

Yes I feel that is the only way forward at this point, even if there is a way to salvage this, I am not having any luck. Though most other elements have been cleaned up, it’s just these floors that are messed up. Question: can I place guidelines to bound certain edges, then place them on a separate temp layer, then delete the floors and remodel?

You can use guidelines to help define the floor or whatever but you don’t need to put the guidelines on a separate layer.

Frankly, I would start a brand new file and not even try to reuse this file.

Okay, can import components I have made, like windows, etc.?

Yes but don’t use them if they have problems similar to the current model. No point in dragging problems into your new file.

Yes of course. I will check them thoroughly. Think everything else is okay actually, hence my initial desire to salvage, but I want to get rid of these problems, so will start a new file.