Problem with Rubyzip and Windows user name with special characters

Here’s the error code:

rror: #<LoadError: cannot load such file -- zip>
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:92:in `require'
C:/Program Files/SketchUp/SketchUp 2021/Tools/RubyStdLib/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:92:in `require'
c:/wps/wps - sketchup/wps library/system/wps_update_system.rbs:9:in `<main>'
c:/users/usuário/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/wps_plugin.rbs:9:in `eval'
c:/users/usuário/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/wps_plugin.rbs:9:in `require'
c:/users/usuário/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/wps_plugin.rbs:9:in `<main>'
SketchUp:in `eval'
Error: #<NameError: uninitialized constant WpsUpdateSystem>
c:/users/usuário/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/wps_plugin.rbs:10:in `<main>'
SketchUp:in `eval'

When the username doesn’t have special characters such as “Usuario” the plugins start normally but if it does have “Usuário”, in the return of the appdata query it can’t read.

Change the name in the windows registry until it resolves but breaks other programs.

All files where require ‘zip’ exist, return error.

How can I fix it? Thanks a Lot.

Check out this article
My thought is to change the user name is the easiest way to solve the situation.

The paths etc
c:/users/usuário/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2021/sketchup/plugins/wps_plugin.rbs
What is its encoding ?

Can you try and force its encoding the ‘UTF-8’, before using it ?

There’s lots written about what you can and can’t do with a Windows user-name - I think having any accented letters etc is a bad idea…

What does your require look like? Have you bundled the rubyzip gem with your extension, or have you installed it as a gem?