Problem: This does not appear to be a SketchUp model!

Hello, I can’t open my July 2022 file. A window appears with written:“This does not appear to be a SketchUp model!”
what should I do
Thank for your help

What’s the file size?

a file .skp create in july

Post the file here, or if it is too large, upload it to a cloud service and post a link here. @colin could take a look at it, he has some superpowers.

Thank you all for your help. I fixed the problem

How? Posting your findings might help others.

I’m ashamed but the folder was empty :frowning: (

Hi. i have the same problem, i reseted my pc and lost some files. i recovered them but this legend appears when i try to open the file.
Is there a solution?

Thank you!

There might be. Share a file so @colin can look at it when he gets a chance. Keep in mind he’s at 3D Basecamp this week and will probably have limited time available on the forum so have some patience.

ALMA MARTINEZ LOCALES.skp (284.1 KB)

Thank you

There are various ways I can use to tell whether something is a SketchUp file or not, or whether it might be recovered. The file you gave is definitely not a SketchUp file.

Unless there are no writes to the disc after the loss, the assumptions that recovery tools rely on often become incorrect and the “recovered” file is garbage.

Hi there! I have the same problem. Can I send my file?

You can do the same as other people, and upload the file and give a link to it. Unless it’s small in which case you can attach it to your next reply.

As you have only just joined the forum you may not be able to do attachments yet, but a link to the file should work.

Hi Colin! Thank you for taking a look at this!

Unfortunately, large chunks of the file are empty. Do you have an SKB copy of the model in the same folder?

Hello colin I am having similar issues with the topic above

I replied to your other post, The file is full of zeros, and isn’t a document of any type.

1 Like

This file doesn’t open and appears the message: “This does not appear to be a sketchup model”.
Does anybody can help?