Point loads in Frames and Trusses

Hey does anyone design with point loads in mind? I build and design and found myself designing cost into a project and I should have known better. I decided to add in typical point loads in PlusSpec 2017 trusses and wall frames, the version is not released yet but it will be in the next few weeks.
If you are not sure what a point load is it is where a concentrated load is placed in a wall, a distinct section that carries more weight &/or uplift. EG a window jack stud or a Girder truss.
'Existing PlusSpec users will get this in the next release. I think this will come in handy when designing to a budget. In the example above I could have saved money on the design by adding a window either side of the girder or increase the setback of the truncated girder truss. It is more value engineering I guess, the red simply makes typical point load areas more evident and allows you or your engineer to suggest potential solutions. Will anyone find this useful or am I a bit OCD?

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.