Plugin for scoring lines?

I need something that works with Shaderlight

Thatā€™s why I said to check what your render engine is capable of. Just because you havenā€™t done it doesnā€™t mean it canā€™t do it.

Are you you required to use Shaderlight?

Did anyone mention Bump Mapping as solution? Here is sample of concrete score texture and bump map created in Photoshop. Render is with VRAY 3.6 but I believe Shaderlight can do bump textures as well. Notice the change of depth in the score when I change the shadow direction/time of day.
9ce38bc2e738715f0f7856894c9c4e48
conc-bump

I think we have all mentioned Bump maps, or referred to them by suggesting the use of textures rather than geometry.
And here is the first link in Google for the search term Shaderlight Bump, which takes you to a help file showing that it can be done in shaderlight.
http://www.artvps.com/media/onlinehelpSU/index.html?bump_textures.htm

1 Like

ok, Thanks. I recently updated to su 2018, so now I have to update shaderlight. Iā€™ll give that a try.

no, iā€™m not required to use shaderlight, itā€™s just Iā€™m familiar with it and donā€™t want to learn another 3d rendering program.

You might find the following Extension usefulā€¦

Thanks Rafael! I think that just might do the trick!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.