I have some suggestions for LayOut, which can make it easier to use, I think.
- Generally: make LayOut more similar to SketchUp. It should works as SketchUp but in 2D. For example Move and Rotate tools works different then in SketchUp which is annoying for new LayOut users. They have to learn new software, becouse in some situations LayOut works completly diffrent then SketchUp.
- Add possibility to chose how left mouse button should works. Like in SketchUp: click > move > click or click > drag > release. Right now it is frustrating when I have to keep pressed left button when I’m using eg. the Move tool.
- Some of tools should exist and work like in SketchUp:
- Move tool. It should exist as an icon like in SketchUp. It can help user to move object with reference point which is on the object or away from selected object. Anoter example: I have in scrapbook electrical symbols. When I try to put one of them eg. 50 cm from the wall I can’t do it precisely because Move tool doesn’t show the end/center points on the sliding object.
- Rotate tool. It should exist as an icon in SketchUp and works as in SketchUp. Right now if I want to rotate object with clockwise I have to use minus value. Why I can’t show in which direction I want to rotate like in SketchUp and enter the value?
- Copy. Why I have to keep pressed Ctrl button when I want to copy? Why I can’t just press it like in SketchUp? Have you ever tried to copy something vertically or horizontally? You have to keep presssed left mouse button + Ctrl + Shift.
- Scale tool. It also should exist like an icon in SketchUp.
- Measurments. In LayOut should exist Tape measure tool like in SketchUp. This tool should have an option to create auxiliary lines - like in SketchUp.
- Dimensions. In most of situations I don’t need the leader lines. Please add possibility in dimensions styles to turn off visibility of these lines.