PLEASE HELP ! Stuck

I saved the file I just opened over the old file. How can I get it back?

If you are using Windows, look for a file with the same name and extension .skb.

If on a Mac, then look for a file with the same name, an a tilde ~.skp at the end of the filename. That will be your backup file for the previous version.

DON’T save your current file again with the same name: use Save As to give it a different name, or you will overwrite the previous version’s backup.

If you’ve already done that, and don’t regularly use a backup programme, then you are probably out of luck.

Please complete your profile properly: ‘a’ is not an operating system, nor 64 a graphics card.

It helps us to help you better.

What operating system? Please complete your profile correctly. ‘a’ does not identify the operating system.

As John indicates, if you are using Windows, you could look for the .skb file. It may be older than the file you saved. If it isn’t, I expect you will need to reverse what you did before your last save and save it again.

Thanks a lot! I already out of my luck

Computers just do what you tell them to do.

Might be a good idea to get in the habit of using Save as… and adding some sort of incremental naming convention to avoid this in the future.

Please correct your profile while you are here.