Please help! ryzen 5700G just dont use the CPU, only integrate grafics

TLDR; like the image, sketchup are using only the integrate GPU, ignoring the CPU complete

Hi, I helped my girlfriend build a new computer so she could work with sketchup. Due to the high values ​​of video cards, I found the idea of ​​using a processor with integrated video, as is the case with the Ryzen 5700G, interesting. During the redeeming he does very well, taking up all the potential, the real problem is at the time of working on the project. Sketchup only uses the onboard GPU processing, completely bypassing the CPU processing, becoming super limited and resulting in crashes while working!

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I’m pretty frustrated, I thought the setup would be great for this job, best possible without a dedicated graphics card.

If someone can help me I will be immensely grateful, I’ve done a lot of research but I haven’t found anyone with this same problem

You are not quite right here. All the geometry in your model passes through the CPU before going through the GPU (integrated in your case) to form the image on your screen.

Any discrete graphics card, even the cheapest you find, is better than any cpu-integrated graphics circuit. SketchUp is a single threaded application so most of the time the GPU is waiting for the CPU to provide it with things to process. The SketchUp performance difference between a $100 and a $1000 graphics card is perhaps noticeable, but nothing to boast about. My ultraportable laptop has puny Geforce MX mobile graphics but it runs my models very well.

1 Like

hello, thanks for the answer, but i’m not sure i understand, in the image i shared of the to note that the gpu is at 100% usage while the cpu is at 0%, generating a tremendous bottleneck

If you aren’t doing anything in SketchUp, it won’t be using the CPU. As to what is loading your GPU, it might be anything.

With all those high-polygon entourage elements (plants etc.) the model will be slow whatever the hardware.

Integrated graphics uses the same memory as the CPU which adds an additional bottleneck.

1 Like