Pie Menu - New Extension

Pie Menu for SketchUp!

Curic Pie Menu extension allows you to create pie menus and show up at your cursor:

Features:

• Create multiple Pie Menu
  • Show menu at the cursor or center of the screen
  • Support all Plugins and Native commands
  • More native command: View Controls, Shadow…
  • Docks
  • Trays
  • New shortcut for command on the menu: use 1-9 keys

Version 1.1.0:

• History Commands

OS Compatibility : Windows, macOS
SketchUp Version : SketchUp 2020, SketchUp 2021

Get the extension here!

3 Likes

!!! That’s awesome!! Thanks Curic!!

1 Like

Anyone tried this out yet?

1 Like

Yes.

I haven’t had time to set up anything meaningful yet but I think it will improve my productivity…

Cool!

1 Like

Stayed up too late last night making various menus. What a treat, especially when combined with the Connexion mouse. Of course there was a crash when I was sorting things out but now I have two menus set to my liking & a post-it note telling me “save more often”.

Thanks to Curic for this, and it’s beautiful too !

1 Like

Try it, you can request a refund within 14 days if not satisfied :wink:

Curic

That seems fair. I have taken the plunge.

I looked for help getting things set up. In the menu it offers a Youtube link but I can’t see any video related to Pie Menu. Is there one? If not, is there anything other than the welcome panels to help?

Simon

Paul

I clicked on it and got this:

Also, I chose one of the preset icons and it crashed SU. Not doing too well so far!

But video shows if you click the link…

Strange, I get the same but I’m watching right now on YouTube !

Try this Simon…

https://www.google.com/search?q=pie+menu+curic&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB876GB876&oq=pie+menu+curic&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0i10i22i30j69i60l3.4860j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Or actually in the Video Unavailable dialog click Watch on Youtube

Although it says unavailable, I clicked on the link below (Watch this video on Youtube) and that worked fine.

I didn’t foresee that there would be quite so much to it. No wonder it’s a paid for extension. A huge amount of work must have gone into writing the code.

I can see it’s going to take me a while to get it set up. I guess the ability to download menus means that you can easily set it up again when you upgrade SU. It also allows forum users (say) to share preset menus if they choose.

OK, so I have had a bit of a play with this and am beginning to get the hang of it. However, I do have some issues:

1. Invoking Pie Menu has already caused SU to crash twice in the short time I have been using it.

2. Quite a lot of commands are unavailable. All the Edit ones for example.

3. I seem to have lost the ability to use some Edit commands like Paste in Place. Maybe this is related to the item above?

4. There is a bit of a delay between clicking on something and it happening. I suspect that means one would go back to using keyboard shortcuts for a lot of the most common commands.

5. The Pie Tool can be loaded but doesn’t work.

Here is my setup:

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.48.48

@curic4su

1 Like
  1. No crashes yet.

2. Do you mean these…?

Screenshot 2021-05-25 140017

1. Paste in place is working for me. I haven’t noticed any other edit commands not working.
    I have noticed that copy, paste, paste in place are not available in Pie Menu.

2. I haven’t noticed any delays yet.

3. Not sure what you mean Simon.

Thanks for responding Paul. Always good to know “if it’s just me”…

First thing to note is that you are a Windows guy and I am a Mac man, so that could affect things I guess.

By Edit, I mean things like Paste in Place, Hide/Unhide, Making Groups/Components, etc.

For me, there is a slight delay when invoking Pie Menu itself and there can be a further delay in invoking a command within it. Milliseconds, but noticeable, and enought to make you wonder briefly if it is working.

As you can see below, I have included (aka loaded) the Pie Tool into the left hand toolbar. I have even given it a shortcut number 4. But invoking it, either by clicking on it or using the shortcut, doesn’t do anything. The native Pie Tool works fine.

Am beginning to wonder if the extension has not been extensively tested on a Mac (is that what I am doing??).

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 14.09.52

Ah :laughing: I thought you meant the Pie Menu

The Pie Tool works for me

Pie_Menu

2 Likes

OK, so I wonder if anyone on a Mac has it working then?

I thought this might have something to do with it:

But it doesn’t seem to. It does claim to work on Mac OS (and it mostly does).

I do actually get a very slight delay when I activate Curic’s DIO tool which is enough to derail my progress momentarily when my hands are operating at hyper speed

Here’s another odd thing. If I enable object picking and select a circle or arc, it selects a segment. But when I come out of Pie Menu, you can pick such things normally. So Pie Menu seems to be temporarily exploding arcs and circles.

1 Like