Parts become missing when imported to Creality Print

update.stl (371.5 KB)
Once i try to import it to a 3D software half of it is missing is this a sketchup problem?

Share the .skp file.

Gutted Cave.skp (11.8 MB)

The thing isn’t a solid object. In order to be 3D printable it needs to be considered manifold or solid. That requires every edge be shared by exactly two faces. So not holes to the inside, not tray edges, no internal faces. And also all blue back faces need to be oriented toward the print media.

YYou need a surface to cover the open side as well as ones to fill in the missing bottom faces. you need to correct face orientation and if the stepped faces on the underside are required, you’ll have to figure out what to do with that face extending down to the groundplane on the right.

so i just have to cover up that big hole in the back?

It’s more than just that.

Im sorry but im dumb with this sort of stuff can you explain it easier for me?

Read what I wrote before. Every edge must be share by exactly two faces. Go through the model and make sure that every edge is only attached to two faces. Leave no holes, no stray edges, no internal faces. Also make sure that all faces are correctly oriented so their white front faces are toward the outside. Your model needs a lot of cleanup. How did you make it iin the first place? It might be simpler to start over.

a lot of rocks from the warehouse put together

Start over. Download each rock and make sure it is solid before you use it. Don’t bother trying to combine them. Just place them where you want them. If they are all solid components the slicer will treat them as a single mass anyway.

so carving it out was the most biggest mistake i could have done? any way to get around that? its for a aquarium and i wish for it to sink

Unless you use 100% fill, you’ll probably need to add some ballast to get it to sink. Push the rock components together to make a tight cluster but leave a small space in the bottom where you can stuff in a stainless steel bolt or something. Or maybe get tunsten weights such as they sell for Pinewood Derby cars. The tungsten will be heavy and won’t contaiminate the watter like lead would do.

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the [SketchUp Campus] Tutorials (SketchUp Campus) and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series and Level UP series. They cover the basics for each tool.

Here’s a quick example. I took the first “rock” model that turned up in the Warehouse. One of them had to be fixed to make it a solid. Then I moved them together to make it look like one large rock. You can see that they are still eight solid components, though.

I modeled a simple, slightly oversized M8 bolt (only because I knew the size of the head off the top of my head) to use to create a space for ballast. An M8 x 20 stainless steel bolt could be glued into the bottom that way.

And in the slicer it is treated as a single mass as i wrote before.

OR: “cover” the big holes, then run solid inspector and select “fix all”. Then bring it back into Creality Print and scale it down so OP isn’t wasting 5 hours to see if it prints correctly.

What I showed will print correctly. No need to wait to print it to find out.