Paint Material from One Model to Another

I have recently switched computers from a Mac to a PC. On my Mac, I was running SketchUp Make 2016, and I have been using SketchUp on my Mac since years before Trimble purchased it from Google. For as long as I can remember, on SketchUp for Mac, I was able to select a material in my model with the paint bucket, switch to another model running in another window, and the material would still be selected, so that I could apply it into the second model. Then, that material would be in the second model. Now, that I am using SketchUp Make 2017 for Windows, this doesn’t seem to be an option. Does anyone know of a way of doing this? Is there no option other than copying and pasting faces from one model into another or exporting a collection? It was so easy and seamless in SketchUp for Mac, but I don’t know if this is a difference between the Mac and Windows versions or 2016 and 2017. And, I don’t know if there isn’t an easier way, still.

on a mac your using multiple documents inside the one running SU process…

on Windoze it’s one document per instance of SU…

john

For individual materials the easiest way is to copy a face. To get every single material into another file you can use this plugin and import the model it exports: Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.