One Student Unable to Authenticate - Sketchup for Schools

Hi everyone,
I am an ICT administrator in an independent school. All students have Google accounts managed by the school, and we have students sign into Sketchup for Schools using their Google accounts. I’ve got a single student who is unable to authenticate, as they are receiving two errors (screenshots here).

Steps to recreate the problem:

1. Go to edu.sketchup.com
  2. Click Sign in with Google
  3. Google sign in pop up appears, but behind the pop up I can see an error has come up reading “Error
    Sorry, it looks like we’re having some internal issues. Our team has been notified.”.
  4. Ignoring the message in the background and authenticating as the student using Google leads me to another error reading:

"SIGN-IN ERROR
It looks like you’re having trouble signing in. Make sure you’ve enabled pop-up windows for SketchUp, then complete sign in using the pop-up window that appears.

Please note: SketchUp for Schools is once again available for educational use only. Don’t worry, any projects that you may have created through your personal Gmail or Microsoft account can still be downloaded from your Google Drive or One Drive. To continue sketching, please log in with an EDU domain account.

In order to access, ensure that:

You are using a G Suite for Education or Microsoft Education account.
Your G Suite administrator has installed SketchUp for Schools on your domain and granted permissions.
Your Microsoft account administrator has enabled SketchUp for Schools on your domain.
For any questions, please reach out to us on the SketchUp for Schools Forum."

I have ensured that this student’s permissions for sketchup match another students, and I have tested another student’s account to confirm that there is not a widespread misconfiguration at play here.

I’ve already directed a question to the support team, but they have directed me here as my school does not pay for Sketchup Pro, so any assistance you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Dan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.