The Engineering Toolbox!
Engineering Toolbox - Tools - accessed from within SketchUp
NOTE!! - the “insert!” and the Tools features only works when the engineeringtoolbox exension is opened from within SketchUp. Install the extension as described in the right column - restart Sketchup and open this tool from the Sketchup Plugins menu.
undo! - redo!
change color! no color aqua black blue fuchsia green gray lime maroon navy olive purple red silver teal white yellow - of the selected object(s) - may be slow for some more complicated objects (save your model first!)
iso! - top! - front! - right! - left! - back! - bottom!
make! - makes a component of the selected object. Note that all objects from the Engineering Toolbox are inserted as individual groups. You should transfer a group to a component sharing the same definition when there is more than one instance of the same object. Tips! Rename the object to its final name before making it a component (in outliner or with right click and entity info).
Move or Copy Object(s)
- move or copy (multiple) selected objects. Make advanced geometric constructions with multiple selections, multiple copies and the offset.
Tip! - Use “Make Component” to save space and reduce computer load when working with multiple copies.
- inserts a “Knife” to cut in one or more objects.
YouTube demo of the Knife!
Move an Object to another Objects Position
Change Insertion Point
You can change the position and angle of an inserting object by pre-selecting an existing object before Insert! The inserted object will inherit the position of the selected object. Handy when working with non-default axis.
red green blue - Start position
red green blue - End position
Insert Horizontal Plane
- use this feature to add a horizontal reference plane
Insert Vertical Plane
- use this feature to add vertical a reference plane
- use this feature to add a box to the model
Insert external Component
- use this feature to add an external .skp component from the internet by adding the component url