Oh no! An error occurred while downloading this component

I created 3 models yesterday, that I uploaded to the 3D warehouse, set to private. I was able to download them all yesterday. Today, I can locate them within the 3D warehouse, but I get the “Oh no! An error occurred while downloading this component” red box that drops down from the top of the screen.

I have changed nothing since yesterday. It will not let me access the models that I spent a pretty long time creating. Is there anyway to fix this so it doesn’t keep happening, or a workaround I could try to get my models back and save them locally?

PM me the info, along with:

Are you downloading in SketchUp or in a browser? Versions & Win or Mac?
What’s your home url when you go to your account?

Thanks.

-b

Can’t find the PM button but:

I’m using sketchup free version, in a chrome browser on windows. my home URL is-
Trimble Identity

The Model names are EH020 EH030 and EH040, EH020Sketchup

PM is Private Message. I’ll send you one now.

Can you post a screen recording on how to do screen recordings?

1 Like

I already have, google is your friend…

or was, long ago, maybe…

john

1 Like

So what was the solution?

I’m having the exact same problem. What was the solution?

I have the same problem - is it possible to post a solution publicly?

Not an expert buit it looks like it won’t let you download your 3D warehouse ‘private’ models with free version… If you upload them publicly then you can download them fine.

If you go to the top right and click on your avatar, then ‘My Content’ do you see your folders?

That does appear to be the case. If you want to keep your models/components private and still open them in the web version, save them to Trimble Connect instead.

When I tried to download a different model closet, the first time I had seen is Oh no! An error occurred while downloading this component, is there any way to fix this problem? :confused:

Maybe but you don’t give us much to go on. Provide the link to the model you were trying to download.

How can I provide a link to the model? :confused:

I’ve been so frustrated with this for a while now, and after reading through this thread I’ve finally come up with a repeatable solution.

Here is my process for using the 3D warehouse to move models between projects, while storing them privately, using SketchUP WEB:

1. When ready to upload to the 3D warehouse, enter a name, description, and LEAVE SET TO PUBLIC, upload your model.

2. Download your model into the desired project.

3. When finished, open 3D warehouse again, set model to private, boom!

I move models between projects regularly, and this has become my preferable method. If you’ve run into the same issue, I hope this helps.

[ TIP ] When ready to upload your model to the 3D warehouse, double check to make sure you’ve cleared out any excess junk. In the Components tab, for example, scroll to the very bottom and select the little “recycle” icon. This will delete any unused components, which can severely bloat your file size and make all of this much longer/annoying when working via the cloud. You can do this with Tags, Components, Materials, and is a great habit to form.