Oblique holes through a block

I need to place a hole between two adjacent sides on a block. The hole will be at an angle between the sides as well. I attach a simple model with a hole with an internal line of intended direction.oblique hole.skp (1.1 MB)

Do you want the hole to be round or elliptical?

I would like the internal hole to be round which would give an ellipse at the surfaces.

OK. Then think of it like drilling the hole in a block of metal or wood. Draw a cylinder as the drill bit and orient its axis along the line. Make it longer than needed, intersect faces and erase the waste like I showed you the other day.

Thanks again, I will try that. Cheers, Bruce

Remember to correct the face orientation inside the hole when the hole is made.

Will do.

Done it, Thanks again. Result attached.oblique hole done.skp (1.1 MB)

Good. Now correct the face orientation in the hole so the front faces are out.

Incidentally, you should purge the 3D Printer Build Volume component from your template. There’s no reason for your block with the hole to be 1.1 Mb I’ve done that here and correct the face orientation.
oblique hole done.skp (25.9 KB)

OK I’ve corrected the face orientation but I don’t understand 3D Printer Build Volume?
Where is that please.

Look in the In Model components window.

You can purge it from the model by clicking on the right-pointing arrow icon on the right edge of the Components window and then choose Purge Unused.

It is included in the 3D Printing template that you’ve chosen to use. It doesn’t really serve much or a purpose. I expect you delete it when you start a new SketchUp model. Open a new file and delete it from the model space. Then go to Model Info>Statistics and click Purge. This will purfe the unused component as well as a few materials that come with it. Then use File>Save as template to create a new template and make sure it is selected to be used as the default.

OK, will do.

Trimble included the 3D Printer Build Volume in the 3D printing template as a way for people to check whether their model was too large to print. But many users don’t realize
a) that’s all the template does for you vs using other templates,
b) the build volume is a DC that was meant to be tuned to your specific printer,
c) the build volume itself (with associated materials) can be a lot larger than the significant content of your model.

So a lot of the time it is just clutter. You can either do as Dave suggests or just use another template that suits your preferred units, etc.