Help with Angled Face

Hi guys,

I’m new to SketchUp and am trying to make some Lego pieces. (see below)

On this particular sloped piece, I’m struggling to get the tube on the underside of the Lego brick to pull up to the top of the brick and not go through the end of it.

Is there a way to do this angled type of extrusion with the online version of SketchUp, where it doesn’t come through to the front part of the Lego brick?

Cheers!

There is no angled extrusion in SketchUp. You would have to intersect with the existing geometry and erase the parts you do not need.
If you upload the file, someone might get a closer look at what you have, all ready.

Are you talking about cutting off the tube on the inside where I show the selected edges?

If so, hide the outer diagonal face so it’s easier to access the inner one. Select the geometry of the tube and the inner diagonal face, right click on the selection and choose Intersect Faces>With Selection. Then erase the unneeded edges and delete the faces skinning over the top of the tube.

Expose the hidden face by Turning on Show Hidden, right click on it and choose Unhide.

@MikeWayzovski is right though. When you need help like this, it’s much easier to give it to you if you share the SketchUp file. I went to the 3D Warehouse to find a brick for this but it would be better to have your exact model.

1 Like

Apologies - I didn’t know how to download a SketchUp file. I worked it out. 2x1 Sloped Lego Brick.skp (295.2 KB)

I can delete some of the part that I need to but can’t seem to remove the final pieces without deleting the inner tube. @DaveR - your idea was very helpful, I just couldn’t get the final result like you did.

Any ideas on what I have missed?

Thanks guys!

Yup. Your block has no internal surfaces. Look closely at a real block and think about what it would look like if you cut it in half. Keep in mind that faces in SketchUp have no thickness. The surfaces represent the surfaces of the block.

Add the faces for the inside of the block and then add the center post.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.