Objects in model turn black

Here because I’m experiencing a similar issue.
It just occurred when I copied large groups from one model and pasted them into another… bam! Black faces. In both the original and copied-into models.

It’s only some materials, not all. If I bring up the eyedropper material selector and the edit tab, everything appears as should be: proper texture, proper lightness/brightness, etc.

But it also happened a few days ago upon exiting a group I had edited as the case with the OP.
Though I might have also been copy/pasting from one model to another. That time I was just stealing materials from a previous project, so I didn’t need to save my changes.

This time, it happened to an in-progress project so I saved the file as a copy. The thumbnail indicated normal material colors and miracle of miracles, when I re-opened the file, everything was restored.
Someone had mentioned graphic card issues. I’m leaning that way on this problem. I’m pushing my machine to the limits as it is not really built for such work.

Also, I’m probably not very efficient at grouping/component making, which was also alluded to as a potential issue.

Verify that your graphics driver is the latest available.

I tried a lot of fixes. But I think the problem is this:
Multiple group levels. Though I am not really sure, I forget easily.

Try this: when you import things explode them completely first. I think I almost had the reason for this, but there is something about multiple groups in a model. I.E. you group part of it, then group another part of it. I think you can get out of it by making sure you explode an object to its last level - ie, no groups left in the object. If it is partially exploded and you try to edit it or something that is when it turns black.

and if it doesn’t sound reasonable, it is because I am in pain and shouldn’t even be here typing.

Well, the issue is back and it isn’t the multi group levels. When I use SuSolid to verify a group, when it does that it grays out the other objects in the file. When I hit space it resets and everything it back the way it was. IE, I have one object that is a group and all the rest are also as they were, group or not. EXCEPT occasionally all the rest of them turn black. And I have found no way to get them back to normal. A couple of the objects will respond to reverse faces and turn gray. The rest of them will not.
anybody?