No option to download SketchUp Make

I got really excited for SketchUp Make 2018, seeing what would be new, except I have found that the only option when I fill the required criteria for “personal projects”, is SketchUp Free, the web based version. I go back to “need SketchUp Pro?”, assuming that if you didn’t have a license that It would give you SketchUp Make instead, with a 30-Day Pro Trial. Why isn’t it giving me the DMG to download? Can I only get SketchUp Pro as the desktop version? I am sure that everyone else knows why, but I guess I am not getting the news for this type of thing.

There is no SketchUp 2018 Make. That would explain why you can’t find it to download. You can continue to use SketchUp 2017 Make, though.

Yeah, I just discovered that. It is unfortunate, but true, though good for extension compatibility. I no longer have to worry about that kind of thing.

Unfortunately, I can’t see an option to download a previous versions either. So the only free way for me is to use browser? Or there’s a sort of archive somewhere?

According to your profile you are already using SketchUp 2017 Make. You shouldn’t need to install it again. But, it is available here:

1 Like

@DaveR thank you for quick response! dunno how I missed that :slight_smile:

To get SketchUp Make 2017, you go into app.sketchup.com, and go into the menubar on the left side of the screen, and select “app downloads”. On to the question I have. I see that in 3D Warehouse downloads, there is now an SU2018 option. What about SketchUp Pro 2018? Does that exist, or no, and do you need a license and have they terminated free trials?

Or follow the link I provided above.

Yes SketchUp 2018 Pro exists. It’s pretty easy to find that information.

Yes. Like every other Pro version of SketchUp since it was introduced, you need a license.

No. They haven’t terminated the free 30-day trial. All you have to do is read the site.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.