No Internet, No SketchUp 2020/21

Mike, thanks for the helpful comments. I am learning a great deal that has a direct impact on my use of SU.

While we are on the topic of licensing modalities (classic and subscription), you made some excellent points in another post. Specifically these points:

Classic : adding a license will contact the servers and they will send a SketchUp.lic file in return. Upon first activation per machine, internet is required. This .lic file is used to validate upon startup. Once a machine is activated, you do not need internet, anymore.

Subscription With subscription, you will use your Trimble ID to log in. You need internet. It will return a temporary log file with your Plan information and place it somewhere in the User data. SketchUp will use this info to validate upon startup. No internet needed. If it exceeds the 28-days period, then it’s not valid , anymore, you will need to have access and log in , again. (internet required)

My ideal work environment for SU would be a local installation that does not ever require an Internet connection to function 24/7. From your post it appears the “Classic” license is my only choice. The only exception being the one-time connection for license activation.

Since the “Classic” license is an expensive purchase option, I cannot afford to make any costly purchase mistakes. Given the “Classic” license option (and maintenance option) ends Nov 2020, the push is on for a decision.

My question, just to confirm that no changes to licensing policies have occurred: Can the 2020 SU Pro “Classic” license be used 24/7 without an Internet connection (excluding a one-time license activation)? Should have said, without periodic contact with Trimble licensing servers.