New users using measures

What do you mean?

6" instead I put 6= 16’6?

You mean you used = instead of "? That would definitely be a problem.

No. I mean you are telling me that write the measures like this: 16’6
instead of: 16’6"

You can omit the " from the dimension since the inches will be understood but there’s no reason you can’t use it if you want. SketchUp will accept either 16’6 or 16’6". I’d leave it out because it’s fewer keystrokes.

1 Like

ok let me try again because not working

There is a settting in System Preferences->Keyboard->typing that may be causing youre issues : untick ‘use smart quotes’

I have “use smart quotes” selected in macOS and it doesn’t cause any issues with SketchUp measurements.

Notice @MikeWayzovski said ‘May’ be causing… some people have the issue, others don’t.

1 Like

That was noticed, and my addition to this thread was not argumentative, or confrontational. We have an entire team of SketchUp users on Macs, and all of them have that box ticked, and none of them have had an issue typing unit measurements.

Yeah no worries, same here, I tried to write that diplomatically so that we could clarify it does happen both ways.

How happy am I to be working in metric!

@esu.dintl are you able to produce a video of what you are doing (using Licecap or similar)? Assuming you are still having issues of course.