Nested components and reports

Hi there,

I want to generate a report with all my components inside the model.
But if I have nested components, it won’t work until I expolde the higher components…

In my wall component I have 9 beams 625mm, 3 590mm. But it counts only 3, and 4 times “Isolierung und querprofil”, but one of them is 590, not 625…
Expolding it, it will count the elements right…

Hope to find a solution…

Thanks, Michael

Have you looked at changing the filter settings?
Screenshot - 4_2_2022 , 11_54_28 AM

Yes, settings is like your screenshot…

What if you change the All to the lower box and choose the appropriate nesting level(s)?

If it is a Dynamic component, the copies doesn’t make it in the report count, unless you explode.

instances which have the instance name populated are not counted, only blanks… so unless you remove the instance name, they won’t show up. this is an issue which has been reported and been around for a while.

@glennmstanton So is it possible to manipulate/ delete in some way the instance names automatically before report?
I tried to eliminate the instance name manually, and then it lists the single elements by name#number, as it is copied by dynamic component. I can summarize then in excel e.g with power query…

And it counts perfectly using opencutlist. But I will have elements with parameters that have to be listed in the excel I can’t count with opencutlist. Would be great to implement dynamic component values in opencutlist…

@DaveR using appropriate nesting levels doesn’t work…

see attched sample
Bodenplatte_gegossen.skp (244.5 KB)

you might be able to via scripts. but it’s a side effect of how SU managements copies and instances.

If you place the required component inside a copying component then later explode this just before making the report, you would be left with the parents, any other children and the previously contain units.
A mark or flag attribute can be picked up with a ruby script to automate this
Simplified DCs can be reactivated by swapping the instance with its saved definition

copies to report.skp (15.3 KB)