My SketchUp materials are broken

some of my materials are showing up really long and blurry for no reason even though they are scaled correctly what do I do?

There is ALWAYS a reason.

Share the .skp file so we can see exactly what is going on and determine the reason.

Final Sketch Up model AR5588 design .skp (3.8 MB)
the textures are mainly the bricks and stone

thank you for your quick reply :smile:

1 Like

Dave is always the quickest :wink:

Although the materials may be scaled correctly, the component has not been scaled correctly. Notice that right clicking on the component shows the options to Reset Scale and Scale Definition are available.
Screenshot - 7_19_2021 , 6_35_28 AM

When the scale is reset, the brick material renders correctly.

You need to make sure the geometry is scaled correctly before you apply the materials. In this case, you should have either opened the component and scaled the geometry or you need to use Scale Definition after scaling the component.

You should also make sure you have the face orientation correct throughout the model Most of the faces in this model are reversed.

It would also make your modeling easier if you were to use groups or components for the individual buildings. As it is, you’ve got one huge mass of geometry.

Final Sketch Up model AR5588 design .skp (3.2 MB)

1 Like

Thank you so much! the materials work! how do I make sure the face orientation is correct? sorry I am such a noob

Gray-blue is back faces, white is front face.
Select the face you want to reverse:
Right click: reverse faces.

If the faces are painted, go to View, Face Style, Monochrome. Then reverse the faces and turn Monochrome off.

In general: white faces should be on top/exterior, and grey blue faces bottom/interior.

Check out learn.sketchup.com

Thank you so much to both of you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.