My house from virtual to reality in videos

Yes, the island has power. It usually works. It comes via underwater cables from huge diesel generators a few islands over, Providenciales, which is much more populated and a big tourist hub with Grace Bay. I will be adding solar power, probably a SMA Sunny Boy with some panels. I’ll probably also have a small generator to make sure the fridge and water pump will always work. I made sure the house was wired to easily add all that later. And if all that fails, tiki torches!

It also has Internet. I actually get faster 4G there than I do here in Chicago. There is also DSL and of course satellite.

I don’t have any plugins installed in SketchUp, didn’t know there was such a thing. I did snag some things from the warehouse, bed, lamps, stuff in the closets, fridge, stove, etc. I’ve re-drawn that house layout too many times to get it right and within budget, the furnishings I didn’t have to time to create.

I put the pause between the scene transitions because my wife isn’t too good with moving scenes on a screen, they make her dizzy. Putting in the pause gave her head time to readjust to the scene.

Changed my mind a bit on the lights, now I’m thinking 4 of these around the porch

And two of these by the door

All in that verdigris finish, like the first link, which is a natural copper thing when it’s exposed to salt air (think Statue of Liberty)

I was just sent some videos by some friends who are out there now, the drywall is all up!

Any updates? It’s cool to see things go from VR to RL :sunglasses:

Moved in 3 weeks ago

7 Likes