My drawing disappeared

just dragging it into the drawing from the components list

Does that file (Yost 3D 2.skp) still exist on your computer?

How did it get into the components list?

And how did the file name get changed from “Yost 3D 2. skp” to “White Wood Garden Bench 6’.skp”?

1 Like

trying to send you the file, as it should be, but it’s too big - 16m

Upload it to the 3D Warehouse and give us the link.

would you be able to call me - this is too confusing

When I get home from work in a couple of hours I can call. You probably don’t want your phone number out for public consumption, do you?

Hi @frank

I went ahead and removed your phone number from your post. To contact @DaveR directly, simply click on his avatar, then click on the Message button.

1 Like

Yost model from Frank @ Holly Days

The link seems to be bad.

o not necessarily, thanks Dave.
Actually I’m in PA and I’ll be gone soon. Would we be able to continue with
this tomorrow?

I think that is the link to the upload confirmation.

You need to go back to the model, now that it is posted in 3DWH, and copy that link.

Probably. It depends on how the day goes.

Did you make it private? If you did, that would explain why the link fails for me.

public now

And that model is geo-located, due to … the bench component? Way off from where the rest of his model entities are located? Just guessing.

1 Like

I uploaded that file into 3DW.
Wo3Dan: that could be the issue. I created a component ‘white bench’ in a model that I was using that had been geo-located. I then copied it and pasted it into its own skp file.
That’s a great find- if that’s the issue. I’ll try getting rid of the geo-location in the bench file, and try placing it again.
Thanks

@frank,

Wo3Dan got in one. I didn’t think to check the bench for geo-location. It is geo-located however. As he said, clear its geo-location.

Here is your Yost model with the bench working just fine after clearing the location of the bench.

FWIW, you really ought to be making components and groups as you go along. As it is, the house, patio and the lawn are all just loose geometry. And you should be using SketchUp Pro.

I just did the same thing, and it worked.
Thanks for all you help, this was driving me nuts!
Again, thanks for your time.
Would it benefit me to use Pro?
I already pay for a Sketchup subscription for Dynascape Design, which is the CAD program I use.

You’re welcome. I guess we might have solved this earlier but it didn’t occur to me that you’d geo-located the bench. Normally geo-location isn’t useful for furniture.

You’re using SketchUp for your job so you need to be using Pro.