Multiple offset problem

Hi!

I’ve run into a problem with multiple face offsetting. I am using two plugins: Multiple Offsets (Sdmitch) and Multi Face Offset (Remus). Sometimes offset goes to the wrong side - outside instead of inside face. I checked normals - they’re fine, no faces are reversed. Everything goes fine when I use native Offset tool but, you know, it’s not too fast.

This problem was discussed there: [Plugin] Multi face offset • sketchUcation • 1 by CadFather but no solution was found. So maybe now, someone, something?

I attached my model which problematic faces. If anyone likes to take a look, you should have at least one of these plugins installed and perform Multiple Offsets or/ and Multi Face Offset on these faces. Some of the faces get offsetted properly (inside) but some get outside. So I guess there’s some difference in geometry between these two sets of faces but I couldn’t find it.

offsetting.skp (96.9 KB)

1 Like

I use @sdmitch’s Multiple Offsets and it works fine. I’ve never had this problem until then. I can not help you with the other plugin, but maybe with this you have no problems again.

My Multi-Offsets was designed to do multiple offsets on a single face not the other way around.

1 Like

Try Tig’s Smart Offset.

1 Like

I tried it, thank you, Box.
Well, it’s no so smart with negative offset values but it did help, anyways.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.