Model Tears When Orbiting or Panning

On the new SU when I move around in the model at a moderate speed the image seems to tear multiple times as I move around. It sort of looks like pilixated video. It fixes itself as soon as I stop moving the model.

The problem goes away if I move back to the classic graphics engine. But who wants to do that?

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

I’m running SketchUp Version 24.0.483, on an Apple M1 Max with 32Gb of RAM, running Sonoma 14.4.1.

Thanks
Randy Mennie

Can you share the .skp file so we can see what you are working with?

Please update your forum profile to reflect that.

Done!. Yes, it was quite out of date. Thanks

I’ve attached a model that has this problem. All the models I have tried do have this problem after I upgraded to SU2024. They didn’t have the problem before. I’ve just sent a small one for simplicity.

I am also using a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse Pro (3DxMacCore version 1.3.4.473 (473), 3DxWare version 10.8.4 (3716), Firmware 4.37).

There is a lot of tearing while rotating the model with the SpaceMouse. I’m not sure if that’s pertinent.

Issuu Exercises.skp (1.8 MB)

Thanks for your time.

Maybe it is related to the SpaceMouse Pro. I don’t see any issues with the model itself as far as orbiting and zooming go. Did you install the latest drivers for the SpaceMouse Pro?
orbit

Can you share a gif like mine that shows the issue?

Unfortunately Quicktime does not capture the tearing. The video looks normal. It’s only visible when I’m in SketchUp.

I completely un-reinstalled the 3DConnexion drivers and the problem remains. If I switch back to the classic graphics engine the problem goes away. If I use my regular mouse, which is also a 3DConnexion Cadmouse Pro, there is no problem.

I’ve tried Multisampling anti-aliasing setting 0, 2 and 4 without success.

Everything works fine using the classic graphics engine, but then I lose Ambient Occlusion.

I have the latest 3DConnexion drivers but I think they are only supported up to SU23. I think those are the problem. I think I’ll have to wait until 3DConnexion comes up with compatible drivers. Sigh.

I know Aaron Dietzen uses the Enterprise version, but I don’t know what mac he uses.

Thanks for your time.