Mismatch reporting

Hi.,

Attached herewith the skp file with dynamic component, attribute and the report generated from it.
Also all the part list has same values.

the attribute value mismatches in the report.?Any one can help me on this please. and why this is happened?

8.07.19.skp (109.0 KB)

Try the Attributes that belong to the DC’s:

8.07.19.skp (138.7 KB)

Edit: Width suppose to be thickness…
If you drag it to the upper pane, it gets sorted or grouped by.

Could u share it in 2017 format pls.

Hi
The main problem is you built your model out of sync, to fix simply explode and remake the 3rd level components.
Its good practice to build a model without altering the sizes, add the formula to match the grey values, then alter the size options top down.
With 2018, you have greater flexibility in how you create your report as “Mike” has shown.8.07.19 sync scale.skp (107.9 KB)

1 Like

Ah srry, did not take in account for the version,I do not think ‘Save As’ to a lower version works for the custom reports…
In my experience, besides the practise that is suggested by Philip, it is wise to create custom attributes (panel_thicknes) and refer to them (LenZ=Panel_thicjness)

1 Like

“Hi
The main problem is you built your model out of sync, to fix simply explode and remake the 3rd level components.”

A r u meaning it is not parametric interlinked with formula as mentioned by Mike " LenZ= Panel_Thickness). If it is not linked with formula’s does the report will generate error? Pls confirm.

ok. done and noted, will upload a clear model, shortly for comments.

[quote] With 2018, you have greater flexibility in how you create your report as “Mike” has shown.8.07.19 sync scale.skp (107.9 KB)[/quote] . will try to update

Thanks Mike, it is mistake, which i forget to mention the version.

Could you please explain in detail. And How you find this is out of sync…

There actually are more issues with this DC than scaling, the sub components are not unique, you probably copied each part from one basic component with 3 nested components,
I understand the need to reuse, but its important to break any connection unless its required,

You could keep a side panel, as you likely require a route to the materials, add their names to attributes in this DC, and use parent! as the connection between the two levels (the generic term “parent” allows for different named parents which occurs via copying or swaps).
as per attached

rework.skp (82.5 KB)

then move,copy it, flip on component (blue) axis if required , make unique, resize the new panel to suit, then right click, scale definition, then make the ply and laminates unique and scale definition each one via outliner (right click menu)

after making unique and scaling definition you can rename the component and its attribute dialog header to suit

1 Like

hopefully something like this

rework result.skp (292.4 KB)

plus a method of changing the laminate and core via repainting a global pallet and doing a redraw on the component
this saves listing names of materials and embedding swatches

1 Like

Yes, what you had mentioned is absolutely correct!. All the sub-components of my model like, plywood, lam A & Lam B are not unique.

[quote]You could keep a side panel, as you likely require a route to the materials, add their names to attributes in this DC, and use parent! as the connection between the two levels (the generic term “parent” allows for different named parents which occurs via copying or swaps).
as per attached[/quote]
i hope that you had exploded the entity with faces and same has been made component for the Lam & Core.

this is why you had exploded and made component again to break the instance in my model.

Thanks for your comment and explaining in detail

Hi.,
Uploaded here the gif & Skp file.,
the copied panel, which is away from the box not coming as expected. The outer lam misbehave in unexpected way, like , the orientation of the outerlam has changed & other’s Core and inner lam unaffected. Could u please explain!
Carcass_drawer.skp (808.2 KB)

There are axis issues in your creation of the components. Rather than build each section, decided on another approach
Consider the 2400x1200x16 board. There are no contacting surfaces to cause flashing, has ability to add edge strip, plus scalers to faces to correct texture.
2 side venner board.skp (279.5 KB)
component in file, context menu saveas to a folder, open a new file and import the DC

Resize this board and copy, flip …to create a carcass, or a drawer… now use the instant names to name the parts, this will automatically update the option and attribute dialog.

Capture

Collect the parts to make a component
Then match the formulas for position and size. You should find the changes will make the components unique
See how you go, will upload a video later to YouTube

Thanks, will check and revert to it

Hi philip.,
Attached herewith two skp’s file. One 13.08.19–> is with Size values linked with formula.,
The second file 13.08.19_position —>, i tried to assign the formula for the position of the components, but failed.
13.08.19.skp (597.1 KB) 13.08.19_position.skp (595.3 KB)
Seems that the origin is set far away, when the size has been changed, the position of each component goes awry.
any comments! :slight_smile:,
will post an another file shortly, with the origin axis changed to the corner of the each component resized,. Hope that works well for linking the position with formula!
Thanks

The file contains the component, you have used the file as the component.

Hi.,
Here it goes, hope this time i understood clearly. Thanks
2 side venner board.skp (460.1 KB)

Also there was error throw, mentioning the particular material is not in the model.

Attached here the screen shot

Kindly advise why because of this? Thanks

sorry, but edited original material name to plywood but left a space before it. Re-edit material name to remove the space.
2 side venner board.skp (305.5 KB)
Done this…
Note: the name attribute will over ride this relationship between instance name and the dialog, so use description or summary

1 Like