Merry Christmas!

10 Likes

Judging from the accent that sounds like Granny is from my part of the world. Merry Christmas Dave.

0 Likes

And mine if you mean the UK. But where in the UK I wonder? There’s a tang of Northern Ireland but mainly north of England. It’s a weird one.

Happy Christmas to both you and Dave (I’m not going in for any of this Happy Holiday nonsense!).

0 Likes

Yes I am a bit confused about the region. Some North and bizarrely sounds a bit old school Westcountry! Season’s Greetings to you too.:santa:

0 Likes

As for the their dialect, they are from Dartmoor (in the UK) and some of the last speakers with the Devon dialect. I don’t know when it was filmed but they may be gone now.

Merry Christmas and happy Boxing day.

0 Likes

Can’t place it… East Texas?

2 Likes

Ah Dave I was right!. I live near Dartmoor and there are still a few old timers who live around here who talk like this. They still talk about ‘Father’ in the same traditional way in reverent tones.

1 Like

Really? Now you’re teaching me something. Certainly not much like the Devon accents I am used to hearing these days. Now Cornwall can be a bit odd admittedly and that’s not much further afield.

Of course, Dartmoor has other connotations. They weren’t banged up at Her Majesty’s pleasure, I presume?

0 Likes

I only know what I read. There are a few other videos of them telling stories on YouTude.

0 Likes