Measurement Rules

I want to create 2D symbols on my Door. When I leave the door with a 60cm gap (LENX = 60cm) I want it to show the Symbol P1. So … (LENX = 70cm) = P2 … (LENX = 80cm) = P3, and so on. If the measurement is out of the standard (different) I want it to appear (’’ PE ‘’) Special door. So I can generate a table where the sizes of spans will have their symbols represented.

1 Like

Make the symbols (P1, P2, … PE) in 3D text, or use the one of the paid or free FlatText plugin fonts, and position them where you want them to appear on a door of matching size.

Create a condition to hide or show the appropriate symbol depending on the door width LenX, as you have started to describe in your post.

I can’t remember if you will need to make the text into a component or group first, to make it visible to the DC.

1 Like

"LenX" Formula: =Length

Custom attribute: "Length"
Display Rule: Users can select from a list.
List Options
60, 60
70, 70
80, 80

Custom Attribute: "Symbol"
Formula: =CHOOSE(OPTIONINDEX("LengthX"), "P1", "P2", "P3")
* You might instead use "Item Code" or "Summary" attributes.

1 Like

thank you so much for taking the time to help me.
I don’t know how to create this rule, the formula for linking with lenx.
the symbol or I will draw in 2D and use the hidden function.

1. The simplistic way is to use the label tool in layout and expose an attribute on the DC, once set up, the tool repeats until the task changes. (a sample can be stored in scrapbook, to save formatting between tasks)

2. Some have used the 3D text to label, this is quite more complicated. They have a “physical” label on or next to their object, with hidden unused text.

3. You could use a dimension with smart text(spaces either side to suit)

P <>  
  1. Create a ruby tool to label the object, probably you would need to find an extension or employ someone.

Personally I would choose method 1,
dim line.layout (100.6 KB) dim line.skp (86.3 KB)

2 Likes

Perfect!
thank you so much.

it’s almost there what you did is almost it.

The only thing I want to do to make it easier is when I type the measurement of 60, 70, 80, 90 … it automatically identifies the corresponding symbol.
if the measure is an example, 72.5 71 84, that is, outside the established standard, it automatically identifies the port as special, non-standard.
hug.

To do the non-standard, you’ll need to use a bunch of nested IF functions.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback.

I don’t want to select p1, p2 p3 … from a list, I want to create a rule that when I put the measure of 60cm sera p1, 70cm sera p2 … other different measures will be PE. This rule is not being able to create, then later I will make appear the symbol corresponding to each one of them.

for 3 sizes

=if(“lenx”=60,“P1”,if(“lenx”=70,“P2”,if(lenx"=80,“P3”,“PE”)))
follow same pattern to number you want

However, from what I understand this is rough opening size, what is the tolerance? 0.3-3cm?, then can work within the bounds of smallest/largest formula for each case

1 Like

thank you so much!
This is what I need!

I want to do as it is in revit or archicad …
when I visualize it in plan I activate the 2D layer to view the 2D door as its size reference = 60cm passage door = to D1, 70cm passage door = D2 … if the measure I put in len x is different from the standards I want DE (special door) to appear.

I tried to insert your formula but it failed … I sent my door for you to see.[door test.skp|attachment]

Sorry, I tried to write without checking

the lenx should not have quotes and better to use attributes for the others as the formula reads them as attributes rather than strings, …the fine art of DCs!
Capture

3 Likes