Maxwell Render too small?

Hey guys!

I have recently got to grips with the maxwell rendering plugin and was hoping to render my building/surroundings to create an image that could then be put into photoshop so add more lighting etc! The problem i have is that the finalized rendered image is very small and when zoomed in it becomes very pixelated… i would need the image to be of good quality at least in an A4 size… Is there anyway around this or not?

Many thanks, Jed.

which version of Maxwell?
free, licensed or studio…
each has it’s own limit…

Unfortunately im using the free trial! the size of render its giving me really has no use to be honest, do you know of any plugins that allow you to create an A4 sized render that can be post processed in photoshop? im trying to create a few concept drawings for a university project so it doesn’t need to be amazing.

Many thanks!

Mitsuba renderer is free, fantastic and has a SU plugin, if you can figure it out…

Visualizer is now also free, but not a lot of settings…

there are other free renderers, but those are the two [free ones] I use on my mac…

Is there any chance you could message me some of the work you have done using those 2 plugins? i just like to see what a plugin to do etc! thankyou!

for Mitsuba the best thing is have a look at the plugin thread… click here
some of the examples are mine, but those are small objects, not buildings like some of the other posted are…

Visulizer has been discontinued but may have a gallery somewhere on here…

john

The free version only allows 800x800. To do larger sizes you will need the full version.

Can you help those of us who have not been able to figure out how to find and install a plugin for SU?

@jvleearchitects
if your referring to Mitsuba…
and you follow the link in my post above in it’s first post it has

DOWNLOAD:
SketchUp Plugins | PluginStore | SketchUcation … tl_mitsuba
Get the latest version from the PluginStore: SketchUp Plugins | PluginStore | SketchUcation
or AutoInstall from within SketchUp using the SketchUcation Tools

and a lot of info about installing Mitsuba first

iff you mean Plugins in general, there is a Help item re various methods to instal others…

Extension Warehouse and SketchUcation Plugin Store are the best two places I use…

Thanks for the info. I will certainly look into adding this to my SU palette of tools, but at first glance, this seems to be an intimidating process to install; it almost appears that I need another academic degree to understand how to successfully complete the installation. I’ll post again later to describe my experience with this.

it’s not to hard,
but, I’m on a mac and only offer second hand advice for a windows install…
post on the plugin thread if you have issues then, more then myself can help…
john

Visualizer makes really good images to then put into photoshop but again the images it saves are too small… i need a plugin that can create me an a3 image as that’s what ill be printing out on! any ideas mate?

you need to save from as .exr foe best quality…
you can set any size you want up to 1000,1000…
have a look at the docs…

When i click the camera it automatically takes the picture and saves it, how do i save it manually? thanks for the help!

have a good look at faq page, click here it’s a link…
there are lots of user settings you can adjust, click the file icon beside the camera button…