Make 2015 downloaded but Pro starts up looking for license!

I upgraded my laptop from XP to Windows 7 so I had to download and reinstall it. I downloaded Make, not Pro and installed it. When I ran it, Pro opened and asked for a license number, the only other option was to exit. I tried this three times just in case I clicked something incorrectly, same result every time. Is Make no longer free?

Make is supposed to run in Pro mode for 30 days.

Hi. Make is still free for non-commercial use and that is not supposed to happen. Would you mind finding this file:
C:\ProgramData\SketchUp\SketchUp 2015\liclog.txt
and sending it to me via private message?

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same issue on a Mac. Uninstalled, re-installed, re-installed in a different user account, same issue. I just want to use the Make version to learn how to use it.

Please help!

Have any of you changed your system date to a future day recently, even temporarily? The cases I’ve looked at seem to be getting tripped up by the clock windback detection of the licensing system we are using. This should clear itself up eventually but it’s difficult to say how soon. In the meantime, we’ll look at how to avoid this problem in the future.

Same issue here.

Had Sketchup Make 2014 and received email notifying me of 2015 update.

Tried downloading Make 2015 three time onto my Mac but Pro is what opens and asks for a license.

Even tried clicking on the Pro link in case there was a bad link but no luck.

Still running 2014 and can’t get the updated make.

I’ve made no clock changes.

Could the issue be a conflict with the Pro trial aspect?

last year i have downloaded make 2016, but now after re-installing to win 7 it starts as pro and want license. what can i do?

Download a fresh copy of the Make 2016 install file from here.

R-click on the downloaded file and choose ‘Run as administrator’.

Or use Mac installer if on a Mac.