Magic Mouse / Trackpad support

Really waiting for this…

2 Likes

We still really need MagicTrackpad support, pleaseeee :hushed:

Blender does a really good job with the Magic Trackpad. And it is open source so perhaps you could take a peak at what they do.

2 Likes

on my 2019 MacBook Pro

2 fingers does zoom

3 finger + ctrl + cmd does not orbit
3 finger + ctrl + cmd + sh does not pan

Wondering if this feedback is still considered… :thinking:

1 Like

Hope so. It has been years and many programs use trackpad for pan, tilt and zoom. I would expect that Apple makes the code available?

Those things also do work for me, but it involves another setting that jclark didn’t mention. It is a very pleasant and stress free way to work, you often don’t have to press down on the trackpad at all.

@jclark, something you may not have noticed, as soon as you are orbiting you can release the keys, and lift two of your fingers. You are then gently brushing the trackpad to orbit the model, with one finger. Pressing the shift key during that time switches to panning, without having to re-press Ctrl and Command.

Here is the secret to getting the three finger part working:

3 Likes

Colin, ** :smiley:** Thanks. What a great find. I just tried this for orbit and pan. Awesome! :white_check_mark:

How did you do this?

My screenshot shows the System Preferences/Accessibility panel. In there you choose Pointer Control, then Trackpad Options. It’s the same place you go to for setting scrolling speed and inertia, only look at the Enable dragging option. As you see I have that turned on, and set to three finger drag.

A global use for it is moving windows around. Point at the title area of a window and gently move three fingers on your trackpad. The window starts to follow you, and again you can release two fingers. All without having to press down as hard as you need to for a left-mouse click/drag.

Better late than never. Two-finger Pan and Pinch-to-Zoom in LayOut on Mac version 2021.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Very waiting for Sketchup 2021.1!
I feel like the feature it’s coming in SketchUp as well

I see it’s available for Layout, but do you know if it’s available for SketchUp?