Looking to hire developer

Hello I am new to sketchup , but have already visualized at how greatly it could impact my workflow as a construction superintendent. Due to my schedule of field work and lack of programming skills I do not have the time to learn how to create my own extensions. I have some ideas and I need a developer to help me bring them to reality.

If any developers are interested please reply , I have looked on elance but have not seen any that work off of it.

Given you’re new to SketchUp; how is it you’re certain the tasks can’t be accomplished with the native tools or the thousands of existing extensions?

If you’ll describe what you want to accomplish we’re here to point you in the right direction.
The experience users and developers here are generally itching to help.

I use multiple programs to track workflow , but my main goal is to have a fully functional BIM model for oilfield production facilities (pipelines , piping systems , electrical , steel ) etc. I have purchased 3skeng but their libraries are very limited. I would like to have my own custom libraries of components with tool bars , and when put on to the canvas builds a bill of materials. When I group components together ie: a pipe with two flange fittings on either end ( pipe spool ) . I want to create a scene with a item list where I can enter in specific information for each item and have it transferable to layout for document control. For instance for each piping spool in the piping system , I want to be able to map which welder welded each weld , the person who completed the quality check time & date , a heat number (tracking #) for each component in group. More or less a quality control and construction/fabrication tracking system for the project. The model will essentially be the source of all construction information , shared and updated among secure users. Sketchup has been the tool I have been looking for to bringing this management system to life and I am ecstatic and amazed at what can be achieved. I see how much it has impacted residential and commercial construction of buildings and I want to implement the same strategy into industrial piping applications. I am looking for someone who is a Sketchup Expert to help bring my dream to reality and revolutionize the way modern oilfield construction is completed! There is not one single software out there that offers everything in one place , sketchup and custom extensions is the answer! If you know someone who would be interested in developing some tools for me please let me know!

Thanks for the reply!

3 Likes

Hello enoenergyservice,

I work at a small BIM consulting company in UT, if you haven’t found what you are looking for yet you may want to check out our website to see if the service we offer is inline with what you are looking for. the site is 3dsbim.com and if you have any questions i’ll be at evjay.a@gmail.com. we do high end residential BIM models and have build useful libraries for what we do mostly with steel. we have not built any plugins so far but i just finished a developer boot-camp and am working on some tools for our use.

I realize it’s been a few months, but I just saw this post so I thought I would reply. I am Devin Kendig, former developer of V-Ray for SketchUp. I am currently working as a freelance developer, specializing in SketchUp extension development. If you are still looking for a developer to bring your idea to life, I may be able to help. Contact me at arachnode [at] gmail [dot] com.

Yes I am interested, nobody bit on the opportunity and I have side tracked it. I will put together a document describing better of what I’m looking at putting together. Do you work on elance?

I haven’t done any work through elance yet, but I can look in to it if you’d prefer to handle things that way.